Friday, June 13, 2008

Who Wants To Be Me?

I always have the best intentions.

Invitations? How can I say no.

New projects? How can I say no.

Go to the gym? How can I say no.

When do I get some "me" time? Whenever I can slip it in I suppose. This is the story of my life.

The worst of it is, my neck, shoulder, and right arm hurts! A lot! And it scares me...A LOT! These are my "tools" that I use to make a living. If they leave me I'm shit out of luck! That is until I finish my degree and can be eligible to teach dental hygiene full time. I can only go so fast as far as completing my classes...it's not fast enough for me. Where's that sugar daddy when I need him?

It's my fault. I ignored the chiropractor and his warnings. The very thing that pisses me off the most about my patients I was doing to him. So I dug out my old traction wedge and started doing that 3 weeks ago. One minute for a week, two minutes the next, three...you get the picture. My spine is so stiff that bending backwards for even a short amount of time HURTS and then is sore the rest of the day. As instructors we warn our students about their wrists and carpal tunnel syndrome, which is prevalent in the profession. My wrists are great! Nobody ever told me that bending to see the maxillary left linguals would be the death of me. Bastards!

So I make an investment in loupes. The Dr. Frankenstein looking magnification glasses that would enable me to see "close up" while sitting up straight. Yeah, just try to get used to those things. At $999 a pop, I better get used to them. I try everyday. I get frustrated everyday. I put my own "cute" glasses back on and pop another ibuprofen. At least I can write them off on my taxes...right???

It's not easy being me!

But once again, I'm reminded that it could always be worse. Even though I make it a point not to watch the news on TV, I see that the Boy Scouts lost 4 to a tornado in Iowa, that water is rising in the midwest, that northern CA is on fire, AGAIN! I have my health, a family that loves me, and good friends. So I have a stiff neck...that is temporary!

Who wants to be me? I do!

1 comment:

Poopsie said...

NINE HUNDRED AND FREAKING NINETY-NINE DOLLARS?

Holy Moley