Wednesday, June 25, 2008

♫People…People Who Need People…♫

I love my friends! And I’ve got a great group of them. Whatever I might need, be it a recipe, tech support, or a pat on the back, they’re there for me.

We all have something special to bring to the party. My specialty is dental health, of course. But there are also proofreaders, gadget lovers, crafters, gardeners, animal activists, nurses, comedians, and chefs. Whatever we might need to learn all we have to do is ask.

This morning my cell phone rang at 7:15 and it was the dear friend I’ll be visiting in 3 weeks. We hadn’t touched base in a while and she wanted to talk about our plans for the time I’ll be in her state. We had a few good laughs before I had to leave for work and set a good tone for the day.

Halfway through the morning, one of my coworkers called to me from down the hall and said, “both your pant legs are tucked into your socks!” Thanks! It must have happened when I put my socks on in a standing position and then walking into my crocs on the way out the door. She is used to taking care of her 83 y.o. father and two young sons, so getting my socks back under my pants was a piece of cake.

Tonight I was attempting to install a wireless router so I could surf the net in any room of my house and hit a roadblock. I called one of my “webbie” friends for help and she came through with flying colors. I think she may have even turned a deaf ear on my rampage of foul language when the easier pass code didn’t work right away. But that is just me, always on the verge of a meltdown. She helped me figure out the problem, FROM OHIO, and then it was smooth sailing.

I can do a lot of things by myself, but sometimes I need help.

♫I get by with A LOT of help from my friends! ♫

2 comments:

Babsie said...

Sooooooo true! I'd be in a mell of a hess (as my grandfather used to say) without my friends! (And I checked out that Sweet Potato pancake place's website. I am SO IN!!!)

gapepper said...

Yep! It seems life is so much easier with a diverse group of friends. Whether I'm trying to find a particular type of cheese in the grocery store or have a dental emergency at midnight, there's always someone to call.

And, we have all these places we can travel to and know there is a good friend close by to help us if we need help, kick our butt if we need that or just give us a place to lay down at night.

True friends! We are lucky people.