Monday, June 23, 2008

No Really, I Do Like The Color Purple

I can’t say this enough…I love it when I get a compliment from a patient.

Today was one of those days when I was running behind all dang day. I needed to take xrays on each one, then my light burned out and I needed to find an open room to finish. Luckily that was with my favorite patient (that I would steal from his wife if she wasn’t such a good friend of mine) who is very mellow and goes with the flow.

My last patient of the day gave me the nicest compliment. She said that one time, I was out for whatever reason and she got a substitute. She said the prophy was completely different from the way I operate and it hurt. She said “never again! I only want to see you.”

No problem. She does what I tell her. She brushes her teeth as many times as I like. She’s easy to work on and is a nice person.

What she chooses to wear out in public is another story.

Here’s where I become a complete and utter SNOB. This gal is only 2 years younger than me, yet looks and dresses like her 94 year old grandmother. I realize it’s been ungodly hot around here lately, but I’m gonna just say it…

If I ever walk out of my house wearing one of those polyester house coat dresses in a lavender print with matching Crocs, the bullet should point blank hit me between the eyes. Make it quick and painless!

In an unrelated story…

My AC unit arrived today and wouldn’t you know it, it is cooling off!

I’m ready though, Mother Nature and Global Warming…bring it on.

2 comments:

Babsie said...

I cannot even remotely picture you in a housecoat-slash-dress thingie. Not now, not when we're in our dotage, whacking good-looking young men in the ankles with our canes.

Poopsie said...

I get the "why are you aging yourself?" clothes. There is a place here called Hamricks. Talk about old woman clothes!!! SHEESH Everytime I hear that one of my friends bought a dress or pantsuit there I get hives.

Or maybe it's me... maybe I dress like a hootchie mama....

nahhhhh