Sunday, June 15, 2008

Does He Seem To Be Moving Faster Than Usual?

I love my little nephew. I love to spend time with him. I love to hear him giggle.

I had gotten rave reviews from one of my patients about a Cupcake Bakery near my house and went over there yesterday (after Curves!) to buy a Red Velvet cupcake as a treat. Lo and behold, they sell little "biddles" those adorable 2 biters. I bought one for Big H! He'll like that, it's vanilla not chocolate, has white frosting and colored sprinkles!!

When we got over to the bro's house, they left for their night of sushi and we put the little dude into his stroller and walked up the hill to the little park in their neighborhood. We played on the see-saw and climbed up the stairs on the fort until it was time for dinner.

My sis in law had shown me what to serve for dinner. Raviolis in a tomato sauce, bites of chicken, squash and green beans. I must say he was more interested in my rotisserie chicken than the stuff he had that had been simmered in sauce. He's a good eater and finished all the veggies on his high chair tray.

Time for dessert I tell him. Don't tell your Mom & Dad! I bring out the cupcake and he starts kicking his legs and bouncing in his seat. The GIGGLES were hilarious. I set the cupcake in front of him and he looks at me with the sweetest smile of "I love you AunTEE!" Then he sticks his finger in the frosting and tastes it..."MMMMMMMMM!" he says. He then picks it up and starts taking bites, frosting up his nose, crumbling cake going everywhere, Auntie taking pictures fast and furious.

"Numma, numma, numma!" he sings.

I get him out of his high chair and clean him off, removing any evidence, like the sprinkles on the floor and set him down by his toy box for some after dinner play. He's chattering, moving his cars all over the place, crawling at what seems to be the speed of sound.

"AunTEE"..."Grama"..."AunTEE"..."Grama"

I ask, "does it look like he's crawling faster than usual?"

"Uh huh," Mom answers.

His face and breath smell like frosting!!!

Oh Shit! Maybe giving him sugar at 6:30 was a bad idea... my stomach starts to gurgle like it does when I get really nervous. I put our cupcakes back into the box and hide it in my cooler bag. Then run to the bathroom where the contents of my large intestine are emptied.

His parents come home and we play a little longer. We let him crawl up and down the stairs in their house for exercise. I comment (innocently), "Wow, he's going up a lot faster than last week." And they agree, but are not alarmed (or suspicious) in any way. I start to calm down.

He gets put in his PJ's and is starting to rub his eyes and yawn like he does when he's ready for night night. I drive Mom home and we enjoy our cupcakes with a little decaf at her house. Reviewing our photos on our cameras we laugh at the memory of the little dude enjoying his "bit of sweet."

I haven't heard from them so I'll assume nothing out of the ordinary happened after we left.

I'd do it all again just to hear him sing, "numma, numma, numma!"

2 comments:

Poopsie said...

You're his sweet connection! LOL What are grandmas and auntees for if not to spoil????

You'll probably take him to his first concert when he's 16.

Babsie said...

Exactly.

Little dude won the Auntee sweepstakes!