Friday, June 20, 2008

94°

Was the temperature inside my little house when I got home today!!

HOLY CRAP!!!

My feet are swollen…that just doesn’t happen to me. But then, I’m uncomfortable, so forgive me while I bitch about it. My AC unit is in transit and I cannot wait to fire up that puppy!

Today was a good day! It started out at the Breast Center for my annual “smash-o-gram.” My tech Dianne was awesome; she didn’t mess around and had me out of there in 32 minutes. I’m talking from the time I walked in the door until the time I walked out…32 minutes! I’m going to request her next year and she better still be working there.

Then I droved my pre planned travel circle to take pictures of my hometown for a slide show I’m presenting to friends on the east coast who will be visiting over New Years! Of course with my own special twist to it. That was fun for me, revisiting my youth for part of it. It was a warm sunny day and I would have loved to dive off the Bayshore Bridge into the bay to cool off, but as I was fully dressed and didn’t want to attract any “wet T-shirt” attention, I stayed above the water. Besides it was less than 30 minutes since I’d had my sandwich from Subway and I didn’t want to get a cramp.

I would be spending the afternoon at the Annex with my Stitch & Bitch pals so I would be needing caffeine. “I’d like a Grande Light Mocha Frappuccino,” I said to the barista at Starbucks to which his reply was, “that means you don’t get whip cream.” Duhhh! However will I live? Like my old grand pappy used to say (people are just no damned good) “if you don’t have anything good to say, shut the heck up!”

Don’t waste my valuable knitting time…especially when I’m getting my mojo back and have 2 projects to finish before summer school starts.

I’m getting close! I’ll keep you posted.

Now if it would just cool off in here…

2 comments:

Babsie said...

Slide show AND a visit! We can't wait!!!

gapepper said...

The news here was just talking about the heat wave you guys are having and how dangerous it is! Take care Mareeba - fire up that AC (hopefully you'll have it soon!), jump in the water aerobics pool, live in the library if you have to!